Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

It was a bit of a roller coaster weekend. Yesterday the weather matched my spirits, rainy, chilly and somewhat sad. It was my friend Jeff's birthday yesterday, the first one since he passed away. His family gathered from near and far, and I was invited to spend the day with them. We had some fun, there were kids there, so that always lightens the mood! Dinner afterwards, some sleep, then off to the boat today with  a load of supplies and a good, sunny day to cheer me up.

I made a bunch of calls as I was making half lap joints on the forward deck. My mother's best friend Louise, other friends, my  brother as well. Pretty soon, the forward decking structure was in place, and then after two tubes of glue and screws, finally in place for good.I thought about my own mother a bit today, it still strikes sad chords inside, but the day was nice, and she would have wanted me to be happy today, so another dozen screws and glue helped in that regard!


Some cajoling with a piece of plywood, and soon all but the hatch was in place. The hatch will be hinged to tip backwards against the forward window with a plexiglass inset on the hatch, so whomever is driving the boat can see through if the hatch is open. The plexiglass top on the hatch will also allow light in when it is closed, even though the hatch is over the foot well of the bunks, but it all helps! Later this week, if I can finagle my cousin and his large mini-van into it, i will fetch the last of the lumber I need, and have the top decking in place so the whole thing  can be flipped over for the bottom, the skids and paint! 


All, in all, a good day! Happy Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment