Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Little pieces, lots and lots of little pieces....

I am in the middle now, I think, the middle of past where most of the big pieces have been put into play, and now it's grind out the small and medium sized pieces. Today was a repeat of Sunday, to some extent, I made the decision to have another hatch on the forward cabin roof, the same size as the one on the forward deck area. I had debated this one back and forth for a while, but in the end I liked the idea of a plexiglass hatch over the bunk/sitting area. One could also stand in the walkway and poke a portion of their body out the hatch for a view or some air as well.

I am urgent need of another trip to the lumberyard to retrieve the last pieces I need. Some plywood, more 2x2's, LOTS MORE GLUE!

It's cool to feel the entire boat starting to stiffen up as I get the top framing in on the roof, it still wiggles in the back, and of course, with no bottom on it yet, it's gonna wiggle!

I like how the foredeck hatch will look, one could sit on the bunk, half in and half out and survey things from semi inside. I keep playing a video in my head how it will look from profile going by on the water. So far it seems to match up!


No comments:

Post a Comment